macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Logic Messes up my internet connection?
    Hi all This is a bit of an odd one. Recently everytime I start Logic on a Mac Pro with Wireless internet (done via a USB wireless dongle thingy) my internet suddenly stops working. I have to Quit Logic, quit my internet re-insert my wireless dongle for it to work. It's very odd and I am sure it all started when I downloaded some midi files from my teacher for a music course I am taking. Any ideas? Cheers John
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Logic Messes up my internet connection?
    When your internet stops working, go to the Network control panel and check out the IP address for your computer. Does the number you see start with 169?
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi Ski, My IP address starts with 192
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi Ski, My IP address starts with 192
  • Peter Schwartz
    Judging by the frequency of your replies, I'd say "it most certainly does!" LOL! Well, this is a tough one to diagnose. One thing I'd be 110% surprised at is if it had anything whatsoever to do with those MIDI files you mentioned.
  • Xyzefiy
    Yikes, Apparently I was really keen to tell you about the first three digits of my IP address. sorry about that, I was sure I pressed 'submit' once. It is such a strange one issue. Not life changing but a little annoying. I've searched around but haven't found anything similar on the net. Thanks for trying though! John
  • Xyzefiy
    oh and I am replying to this thread on my other mac. Not my Logic mac. Which is currently internetless because I am using logic.
  • Peter Schwartz
    Does quitting Logic restore your internet connection?
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi Ski I cannot use the internet while Logic is running. And then after I have quit using logic, I have to usually force quit my WIreless Utility and then restart it. It Won't work unless I Do this, even after Logic has been closed.
  • Danny
    Hi John and Ski, I have the exact same problem and can't figure out why it started all of the sudden... could have been something i downloaded. could be the latest software update I did that messed something up... In any case, if anyone knows something please let me know! THANKS! :) Danny
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: