macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Re: Logic Messes up my internet connection?
    Hi Danny I still have the same problem. I have basically given up on it (for now). I also wonder if it was something I downloaded. Also coincidence or not, but it was at around the same time that my iLOK for my East West licenses went on the fritz and the boys at East West have been scratching their heads over it for ages now. I am sure it's not connected but... both problems happened when I downloaded some midi files from the school I am studying with. I hope you solve your problem. If you do, post the solution up here!! Cheers John
  • GaryHiebner
    It sounds like your Airport file may have gotten corrupt. Deleting the following files, then restart your Mac: Go to Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete the following (I suggest you make copies to the desktop first if in doubt, you can delete these files off the desktop if everything works): com.apple.airport.preferences.plist NetworkInterfaces.plist preferences.plist com.apple.nat.plist This will also delete any wireless network in your preferred networks. So you will need to setup your wireless again.
  • Xyzefiy
    Hi Gary, I couldn't seem to find all of these preferences. Only preferences.plist and Networkinterfaces.plist. I deleted those but sadly to no avail Thanks for chiming in John
  • Danny
    Thanks guys for your help. Turns out the problem is greater that the conflict with logic. The internet disconnects also when I go to VMWare (virtual PC) and my usb mouse also randomly gets disconnected... I have no idea what the problem is, could be a virus although MacKeeper couldn't find any viruses.
  • GaryHiebner
    I thought this would work. It must be something else conflicting with the network settings
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Danny, Can you send me a reading from the Console? Go to Applications > Utilities > Console Clear the Display to empty the list in the Console. Do this before you open logic. Make sure you have internet connection. Then open Logic Copy the items in the console and paste back here. I'll analyze what is coming up in the console to see what the error could be. You can do the same for me when you open VMware. Maybe there is a similarity I can pick up form back console messages.
  • Danny
    Thanks Gary! I did as you said and got a long list of missing bungles of plugins and instruments, some of which I'm not even familiar with... I can paste it but it's pretty long. Danny
  • GaryHiebner
    I'm likely to think it is a system issue. What OS version are you on?
  • Danny
    10.6.8 any thoughts as how to fix it? Thanks, Danny
  • GaryHiebner
    Try create a new user account. Then log into that user. Test your internet and Logic and se if the same thing happens. This way we can find out if it is a user issue or system issue. If it does the same thing in the new user, then I would suggest reinstalling the 10.6.8 combo update. [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: