macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    setting cursor start point
    Before: In Logic, I could set the cursor to start from a highlighted object by pressing the numeric keypad Return and Shift together. Now: It ALWAYS starts from a highlighted object, even if I just press the Return. This is not always convenient. I want to set it back to how it was before but can't find how. Anyone?.... Thanks, Tim
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: setting cursor start point
    Hi Tim, The key command you're looking for is: "play from selection" Choose: Logic Pro > Preferences > Key Commands Next, type "play from" (without quotation marks) in the search field of the Key Commands window. Click once on the "Play from Selection" command in the main window and choose 'Learn by Key Label'. Now press Shift-Return and it should be assigned to the correct command. Also, check that you've haven't got "Always play from selected region" enabled. - Right-click on the Play button in the Transport and make sure that 'Play from Selected Region' is unchecked. Hope it helps Rounik
  • Jideseo
    Dear Rounik, Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, the problem is that I HAVE got "Always play from selected region" enabled, and I don't know where to go to UNable it. Please enlighten me. Thanks :) Tim
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tim! No problem. To disable it: Control-click (or Right-click) on the Play button in the Transport and click on 'Always Play from Selected Region'. Now when you go back into that menu on the Play button you should see the command is no longer ticked. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Jideseo
    FANTASTIKKKKK! Thank you SO much. It was really getting on my wick. lol! Tim
  • Rounik Admin
    My pleasure Tim!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: