macProVideo.com
Forums
  • audiobin46
    CHANGING GRID IN FRAME OR ANY OPTION????SFX FOR MOVIE IN LOGIC
    Hi... its been so many days am searchin for this problem..i would like to put SFX for a movie.. as u all know ther is no BPM or TEMPO factors affects for the SFX...wat i need is to place the playhead cursor exactly at the SPECIFIC FRAME to add SFX.. I even tried changing the grid to bar and time, time and bar and other different modes but its not workin out :( Because i need to place the SFX at a exact frame... Its something like changing the grid mode to FRAMES in reference wit SMPTE alone or any other possibilities...I would be reaaallllyyyy haapppieeee if u people get me an good solution... waiting?????????????? :( when i tried to change the cursor position to place the sound at particular frame by using the comma key and fullstop key its changing in bar by bar or in time fashion.... i don need tht for SFX....cause its everythin depend on exact frame...pleaseee get me outta dis :(
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: CHANGING GRID IN FRAME OR ANY OPTION????SFX FOR MOVIE IN LOG
    Changing the grid to time and bar will definitely give you a frames grid. The frame rate you set Logic to will be reflected in the bar ruler. Of course, you have to set Logic's frame rate to the frame rate of the movie, AND, you're only going to be able to work effectively if your movie has a timecode burn (does it?)
  • audiobin46
    Thanks for the reply....yeaahh its havin a timecode burned in it...Hw do u change the logic's frame rate of the movie??? Wat i need is to be like moving the playhead cursor by using comma and fullstop key in frame grid??? is tht possible??????
  • Peter Schwartz
    Cool. OK, first thing... 1) you need to find out the frame rate of the movie. Open it in QT, hit CMD-i. That'll tell you what the frame rate is. Next... 2) Without hitting play in QT, do you see a timecode burn in that first frame? If so, write down the number. If you don't see one, play the movie, stopping when you start to see timecode. Use the left/right arrow keys to find the exact frame where timecode first appears. Before I go on I'll need to know where that timecode starts -- at the top, or, somewhere into the movie.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: