macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Syntholabo
    Re: Rounik's Awesome Step Sequencer
    Hello; just discovered Rounik's sequencer for Logic environment... and I've tweaked to almost perfection. Here's a thing however: The [i]MIDI click object [/i]only sends out MIDI 'note on' signals, and these are what end up at the step sequencer's output. The drum software is not liking this, and I can't find any 'trigger mode' within the plugin (eg. ultrabeat, or NI abbey road, etc...). Now, the Logic manual states you cannot use MIDI 'note off' messages within the environment. However, if I hook up a [i]Keyboard object[/i] into the step sequencer input, press PLAY, and hit a note, then these events come out pristine. To be clear, the click track is NOT sending MIDI 'note off' messages and this screws things up. Any advice? If anyone's interested, I can upload my re-designed version. It is really fun. Or will be. thanks. Hope you're still out there.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Syntholabo, Thanks! It's been a couple of years since I created the step sequencer... would be very interested to see how you've tweaked it. Would love to revisit, but right now I don't have much time to deconstruct and sort out the pesky lack of note-off problem which plagues Logic's environment. Would love to see what you've come up when you're ready :)
  • Audiotherapy
    Hey Syntholabo, any chance you could post up your new tweaked version of Rounik's step sequencer? I've only just found out about it and started using it myself too and it would be great to see what features you've added. Gotta say it's a fantastic additional tool for Logic - thank you Rounik for creating it and sharing - you are an absolute star! :-)
  • bunda
    Hi, some help here needed as to how my environment must be set up so that the midi data generated from the step sequencer is "cabled" to the midi out of my Fireface RME 800 which is then sent via midi to a Doepfer Midi CV/Gate interface to control a synth.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bunda, This is an interesting question! And I must admit I haven't tried routing the MIDI outside of Logic. I guess it should be possible by sending the MIDI out channel on the track to the desired MIDI in on the Fireface 800... Hope this helps... interested to know how you get on!
  • CyX SenZe
    Re: Re: Rounik's Awesome Step Sequencer
    Great step sequencer! I found one being sold called The Grid as well. I'm actually taking a few ideas I have and dissecting both to rebuild my own version with a slew of options. Thanks for creating this and sharing this as a free template! You have inspired me tons! I'm currently a student at Full Sail University with only a few months left. :) Cheers CyX
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: