macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Re: Tracking Midi Acoustically
    Problem Solved. After I created the new track/external midi...I just went over to the library and selected "GM Device," then selected channel 1 (Grand Piano)..then I went back to the newly created track, right-clicked on the track selected "Reassign Track"..."Midi Inst"..."GM Device" and selected the (Grand Piano) channel 1. Wa-lah! Now I can record midi notes into the track and monitor the sound being triggered via midi into my keyboard. That's all I wanted to do. The purpose for doing this as I stated earlier is to help give me granular control over every single note I create. With audio waves, their is no note by note control. The best you can do is adjust ambience, cut n' paste and a few other things. You also have the problem of aliasing with an instrument like this by just recording audio, but with the midi separation you eliminate that all together. Now I can seriously begin tracking things for final mix consideration, I no longer have to try to get the entire piece down in a couple of takes hoping not to flub a few notes in the process. If I do mis a note or two, the independent midi note creation allows me the ability to go back and click on the bad notes, move them to hit the desired notes, change the duration of a note or a number of other things. This feels like DP again! I think I'm back now! This you can't do converting an audio track into midi. The conversion is possible, but it only does it in chord-blocks. The proof that it wouldn't work was after I had converted a test audio track via "audio to score" and also converting the "regions to new sampler track." Those conversions seem to serve a less granular result. Sorry, it took just a few minutes for me to figure it out, guess I should have played around with it more. And again Ski, my apologies if I sounded defensive...heck these are just toys n' tools...serious, but fun stuff. LS-JDC
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Re: Tracking Midi Acoustically
    Sweet. Thanks for understanding, I'm just a fellow musician it's all fun stuff for me :) You asked about monitoring? Yeah, it's no problem because I have no latency through my PreSonus AudioBox USB. I have a control on the box that allows me to switch between input/output. I make sure in Logic to switch on the "Low Latency Mode" in the transport bar and right next to my external midi track, I enable the "Input Monitoring" button...no problems while tracking. I can also switch it over to my near fields, but I've been using headphones alot to keep things in close hearing proximity. HTH LS-JDC
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: