macProVideo.com
Forums
  • David T
    Logic time signatures in LP9 (on Lion) - To Protools
    Hi all. I'm hoping some of you have some insight into a wee problem I'm having.... I've written some tunes for my publisher - written in LP9.15 running OS10.7.1. We are recording live parts on a PT HD rig. One of the pieces has some constantly moving time signature patterns - and I need to get the time signature as well as tempo changes from Logic to PT. Now - I've exported the .mid of a linear click from logic - I know that PT won't accept a file that doesn't have info in it - but I'm not up on PT... that .mid file - it'll have tempo information, but will it have time signature info that PT recognises? OMF seems not to have any bearing on things - especially as it seems buggy currently - I changed to 32 bit but all OMF exports all say - failed.... although I know they are only relevant to audio and mixes etc..... So - anyone got any thoughts re time signatures? Many thanks David Tobin www.davidtobin.co.uk
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Logic time signatures in LP9 (on Lion) - To Protools
    All you need to do is create a MIDI file in Logic from a track Logic track that has at least one note in it (a "dummy track"). My approach is to create a dummy track that has two notes in it, though... one at the very top, the other at the end. Export that track as a MIDI file. Import that to PT. Then simply delete the region in PT that has the two dummy notes afterwards. OMF files do not contain tempo or time sig information.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: