macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tim Lorent
    Ultrabeat: get the sound out
    Well, I've been trying to figure out how Ultrabeat works since I've got Logic Express 8 and I must say that it's quite difficult. For instance, when I've compiled something in Ultrabeat, for example a kick, snare, clap and some synth sounds, I want to have this available in my arrange window so that I can use it for my track/use it to put it in the audio tracks. Not just hear it when I have the plugin in one of my instrument tracks and play Ultrabeat. Is this possible?
  • Christian L
    Re: Ultrabeat: get the sound out
    Sure! First you need to turn off the Ultrabeat sequencer by clicking on the power button under "Sequencer". Next, click-and-hold on the area at the right of the word "pattern" (at the bottom left of the ultrabeat window)... you drag this into your arrange page on the ultrabeat track. This will export the pattern in the arrange page as a midi region. If you need to turn this as an audio file, just bounce the track. In Logic 8 you can also record a software instrument to an audio track : 1-Insert a soft inst on a track and send its ouput to a bus. 2-Select the bus in the input of an audio track. 3-Make sure Record is enable on the audio track and select the inst track. 4-Hit Record and play the inst... it will be recorded as an audio file.
  • Tim Lorent
    Thanks a lot! Will see if this works, thanks!
  • Tim Lorent
    It works perfectly, thanks a lot! You really helped me out. If I may ask another question, my last one, is there an option to load samples which are not included in the presets of Ultrabeat in Logic Express 8's Ultrabeat? Because I have a lot of samples (kicks, claps etc. etc.) and I would like to place those in my Ultrabeat instead of the kicks which are in the presets of Ultrabeat. I hope you understand my post.
  • Christian L
    Yes it's possible. Just load up the tutorial kit and use the Kick 1 as a start point. You can copy it to other voices if needed. Turn off OSC 1. Turn On OSC 2. By default OSC 2 is set to "phase osc". Change it to "Sample". Click on the little arrow at the left of "No Sample Loaded" and select "load sample". Navigate to the sample you want on your HD and click open (you can preview the audio file by clicking "play"). Change the enveloppe 4 to make it longer so you can hear the entire sample. That's it! Don't forget you can now import EXS24 patched in Ultrabeat with Logic 8 (you do this with the import button at the top of the Ultrabeat interface). Tell me if you got any more questions... Also, check out this tutorial [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/ultrabeat[/url] for an in-depth look at this amazing instrument that is Ultrabeat.
  • Tim Lorent
    Thanks a lot once again, you made my day! Maybe I'll get that tutorial too!
  • Revo
    [quote:15049]Thanks a lot once again, you made my day! Maybe I'll get that tutorial too! [/quote] If I were you I would invest in that tutorial.... It's incredible. No matter what genre of music you're into you will find yourself using the Ultrabeat and honestly, Apple did a poor job in making its advanced features easy to understand. A++ for the tutorial; a must have!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: