macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    What is this window?
    I have this window on my screen. Please take a look: http://gallery.me.com/leslie_england#100125 1) What is it? 2) What does it do? 3) How can I use it? 4) HOW CAN I GET RID OF IT? ~:§ Tim Duce
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: What is this window?
    Hi Tim, 1) This looks like the environment window in one of the included Electronica templates that comes with Logic 9. What you're looking at are basically text faders created in Logic's environment which have been coloured and connected to various other environment objects. 2) It basically controls a tasty arpeggiator system built in the Environment. (Command - 8 to get another Environment window up to take a browse). 3) Select a Software Instrument track. Hit play in Logic's Transport and trigger some MIDI notes. (Logic's Arpeggiators are real-time objects so they can only be triggered when Logic's transport is running (in play mode). 4) Turn all the menu settings to OFF and if you don;t want to see it anymore just click the button in the top right of it's window - just like you'd do to close a Finder window. Cheers! Rounik
  • Jideseo
    Dear Rounik, Thanks for the helpful reply. Another new toy to play with... Great! However... I have tried clicking to remove this window. It goes away BUT whenever I re-open the Arrange page, the darned thing comes back and always right in front of where I want to work. I spend half the day getting rid of it. How can I hide it until I need it? Regards, Tim
  • Peter Schwartz
    Chances are that you're working with a screenset that's locked. So unlock the screenset, close that window, and re-save the song and you should be good to go.
  • Jideseo
    Dear Rounik, Thanks! Best regards, Tim
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Tim, And thanks to Ski as well! He's bang on the money (as usual) and it's all down to a locked screenset. :)
  • Jideseo
    Dear Rounik and Ski, Oops! Sorry to be a pain lol! You explained to me earlier in this thread how to get rid of this window. Thank you. But then... ahem... times change and I was wondering... how can I get this window BACK AGAIN? :-D Regards, Tim
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Re: What is this window?
    Hey Tim, Sure. In the same project, hit Command-8 to display an Environment window and the use the Environment layer drop down menu in the top left of the Environment window to find that layer. :) Best, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: