macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ollie
    Re: No audio output when drag and dropping samples
    Try this link... Hope it works. http://www.box.net/shared/10e4na9e0xj4o97o7f67
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ollie, Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, the compressed file you uploaded is of the project file only and none of the sub-folders or assets (audio files) are included. Therefore, none of the audio files can be found in the project when I open it. So, in a Finder window go to the ~/Music/Logic/ folder. Right-click on the the folder called "Project One" and choose Compress "Project One". This will not create a compressed file of the entire project folder - includes the audio folder etc. Thanks :)
  • Ollie
    Hi Rounik OK... I thought I was doing something wrong when compressing the entire "Project One" folder, but when I compress it, the zip file still exceeds my upload limit of 25mb... Link to party killer: http://www.box.net/shared/4s5jl6u0t96zy6d2yzo5 Therefore I have uploaded another project called "Party Killer", with way more samples in my sequencer and yet this zip file size is half of the "project one" zip file of 32mb. Do you have any thoughts on why this is btw...? Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you... Cheers, /Ollie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Ollie, Thanks will download the new one. It depends on the length and quality and number of audio files you used in your original project. Although they may not be in the Arrangement, once you add a file to a project it gets saved into the Audio Bin in the project. There's a variety of ways to get rid of any audio files you're not using in the Arrangement, e.g. open the Bin (hit "B" on your keyboard) and choose Edit > Select Unused from the local menu and then (also from the local menu: Audio File > Delete File(s) This will move the files from the Project's audio folder to the Trash. So if you ever decide to do this make sure you're happy to delete the file and, if needs be, that you have the original file somewhere else. I'd highly recommend checking out the Logic 101 tutorial. It's about 6 or 7 hours and packed with amazing tips to get you up to an intermediate level... :) I'll get back to you when I've checked out this project. Cheers! Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Not able to replicate the issue... but noticed that you've got 4 channels (that;'s tracks 6, 7, 8 and 9) muted in the Mixer. So, as you may be aware it's possible to have different Mute levels (sorry - really don't want to add to the confusion... but it's true!) Basically, it's possible in Logic to mute the channels strips independently to the tracks in the Arrange area... Also, it's worth bearing mind that if you for example copy an audio region and the playhead moves over the copy immediately after it's been copied... you probably won't hear it being played back immediately. Logic's audio engine has a slight lag. So, yes, hitting stop and play again will resolve that issue. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Ollie
    Alright. Thanks for the tip! Yeah I know those tutorials are a must have. I will begin my climb on this mountain of knowledge soon enough... Cheers. :) I'll await your reply... :) /Ollie
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs! btw, in case you missed it, I replied just before you posted ... :)
  • Ollie
    Hi Rounik. The muted tracks were actually on purpose. But what you write about Logic having a slight lag can very well be what I have experienced... It explains a great deal actually. I think we can call off the alarm. :) You have been excellent in your service. Thank you! All the best /Ollie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Ollie, My pleasure! We're always here to help :) OK. Emergency over then - but feel free to pop back anytime to the forums to ask a Question or The Hub to learn daily tips and tricks and of course the Logic videos here are simply awesome too :) Cheers! Rounik
  • Ollie
    You bet! :) Thanks again and see you around... /Ollie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: