macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Bouncing Multi-Output Instruments/Drums
    Hello.I have another question about the breadth of ways that Logic can do a single task. I am trying to find out all the ways to bounce down the separated sounds of a multi-output instrument. I was playing with Ultrabeat and have my kick, snare and hats sent to separate mono outputs. I used 'Bounce In Place', then ticked the Multi-Output option. I realised that it works if I solo the relevant aux channels.I was happy with the results but then got to thinking about the other options available. Is this the best way or is there a way to bounce all the tracks at the same time ? So I end up with my separate drums in their own track on the Arrange Page ? I did see something about creating tracks on the Arrange Page but got a little lost with the 'creating empty midi regions'... I am sorry if this is a basic question . I just wanted to make sure that I have a full understanding of this so I can switch to audio rather than the endless choice of keeping midi.I have a tendency to keep changing sounds or straining the computer... and I want to end this habit. Thank you as always for the wisdom.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bouncing Multi-Output Instruments/Drums
    Hi Logicluvva, I like to route Aux outputs from a multi-instrument (like RMX, Omnisphere, etc) to their own Bus and then create an audio track for each Bus (and set the input of the audio track to that Bus... record-ready them and hit record. I appreciate that's not for everyone... Here's another way with a Multi-Output instance of Ultrabeat: 1. Create the Aux's in the Mixer and select them all. Right-click on one of them and choose "Create Arrange Tracks" 2. In the Arrange create a MIDI region on an Aux (the length of the project. Copy it to all the Aux tracks. 3. Choose Track > Bounce-Replace All Tracks (However, this will bounce ALL the tracks in the Arrange area...) So, instead, follow Step 1 above. 2. Select the UB track in the Arrange area and then choose Track > Bounce Track In Place. 3. Enable "Include Instrument Multi-Output" AND "As Additional Tracks". Hit the OK button. Done! :)
  • logicluvva
    Re: Bouncing Multi-Output Instruments/Drums
    Thank You !
  • Wehylei
    Another workaround to the "bounce tracks in place" problem of bouncing out things beyond your multi-instrument is to just 'hide' whatever tracks you don't want to bounce in the arrange window.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re:
    That's an excellent tip! Thanks for sharing it... :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: