macProVideo.com
Forums
  • The Bus
    The IMPORTANCE of Bus's
    How about a tutorial on how to use bus's effectively. A bunch of the videos touch on how to use them, but I wish there was a separate session for them. I understand the concept of the bus but don't know how to use them to enhance my music yet. How 'bout it? Thanks MacProVideo.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: The IMPORTANCE of Bus's
    Hi The Bus, welcome to the MPV forums! There's so many ways to uses Busses/Aux's in Logic (or many DAWs). You're right there's perhaps potential for a dedicated tutorial. In the meantime, there's lots of existing videos on routing (basically using busses) in Logic. For example in the TNT2 there's a section on creating a headphone mix using busses. There's videos on setting up reverbs/cpu-hogging effects on busses in a number of Logic tuts too. e.g. applying the same reverb to multiple drum channels by using one reverb plugin on an Aux channel and sending to that Aux via a Bus from multiple tracks. Another benefit to this method is you can send a small amount of the signal to the Reverb effect via the bus - and easily automate the send level. In the Olav Basoski Logic electro based tuts there's sections on side-chaining and the like. Let me know if there's something Bus-specific you'd like to know about :) Rounik
  • The Bus
    Thanks Rounik! I'm still workin on mastering these bus's and when I should be using them. I have three other basic questions maybe you can answer...? 1. Can you delete plug-ins after they have been applied and you move on in your project. (i.e. when you are finally mixing, can you delete previous plug-ins?) 2. Is the Komplete 8 program compatible with Logic? 3. Where can we get Mo Volans remix of Ascension? Thanks alot.......!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey The Bus, 1. Sure can! If you option click on a plugin (in the channel strip) you can bypass it. Or remove a plugin from a slot by click-holding on the plugin slot in the channel strip and choosing 'No plugin' 2. Komplete 8, AFAIK, is listed as being compatible with Logic. It's in the Audio unit format and is very popular with Logic users. I use Komplete 7 without any issues. What version of Logic and OSX are you running? 3. Ha! Well, it's a good question. It's not been released... I'll have to chat with Church Williams and Mo to see how they both feel about making it available for download. Thanks :)
  • The Bus
    Ahh nice, thanks... I'm running Logic 9 and Mac OSX 10.6, on a Mac book Pro, I will say things are starting to crash though.. I need to start putting things on other hardrives I suppose? Right on with the download, can't wait.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs... What do you mean things are starting to crash? What other 3rd party plugins do you have installed? How much free disk space? What about your audio interface... What happens prior to the crash - or what action are you performing? Thanks Rounik
  • The Bus
    I'm much more efficient with final cut and run that mostly, which might be triggering Logic to crash. 1. What exactly are "3rd party" plugins? The plug ins Logic supplies, is that it? 2. And what do you mean my audio interface? Sorry, I know we have just about reached the height of stupidity, but it might help if I knew what those things meant. And prior to the crash I always seem to be getting heavy into creating some sort of track on Logic, and then crash! Thanks
  • Peter Schwartz
    Here's an article I recently wrote for the MPV Hub on the very subject of busses! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/how-to-best-use-bus-channels-in-logic-pro[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: