macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Adam D
    Martin's Frameless Floating Windows #148
    So, my just updated version of Logic 9 does not seem to offer frameless floating windows as is suggested in Core Logic 101, lesson #148. Is there a way to enable that? Wanted to float my mixer. Went to the mixer's "view" menu as Martin says to, but there is no "frameless floating window" option. Any idea why that might be? Thanks!!
  • Hamish H
    Re: Martin's Frameless Floating Windows #148
    Hey Adam Are you working in the environment? i looked up frameless floating windows in the manual and it is actually an option for keeping an environment layer open in the arrange page. For what you want to do I'd recommend using a screenset instead. Open the mixer window (Command + 2), size it to how you want, then lock the screenset (Screensets > Lock from the main menu bar). See how that goes@! Cheers H
  • Adam D
    I'm not sure if I was in the environment or not. I was following along with Martin in lesson 148, so I assume I was. Anyway, I agree, I don't think I'll be using that a whole lot. But I figure I SHOULD be able to do anything he shows me how to do, and by following along, I gain experience navigating my way around Logic, right? Guess I can let this one go though :-) Thanks for the reply!
  • logicluvva
    Try this, it's great. As recommended by MPV http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/power-tip-enable-window-floating-window-logic
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Adam, Yes, Logic 8 and 9 no longer feature frameless floating window option except with the Environment window (as Martin shows in the Core Logic 101 series). But, as Logicluvva kindly pointed out, I found a workaround to this as detailed in this MPV Hub tip: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/power-tip-enable-window-floating-window-logic[/url] Best Rounik
  • Adam D
    Excellent. Thank you!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: