macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Metronome/Tempo Syncing
    Hi Guys, I'm recording a track with a tempo of 133. How do I match the metronome's click to match the tempo? Thanks, LogicStu-JDC
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Metronome/Tempo Syncing
    Hi LogicStu-JDC, The metronome is tied to Logic's grid which is controlled by the tempo of the project. Double-click the tempo in the Transport and enter in '133' and the metronome will be tied to the tempo of the project. Cheers! Rounik
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Rounik, thanks for the resonse. Sorry for my delayed response. I'll try to expalin a little better... I created a track with rhythm under the 44.1KHz sampling rate and I like the tracks I've put together however, I've created a new template for the same song at 48KHz and I'd like to keep the rhythm track from the lower sampling rate and import it into the 48KHz template. When I do this the metronome doesn't match what I need to hear per measure (i.e., 4 beats per measure). Is it possible to make the rate transistion from 44.1KHz to 48KHz without re-writing the rhythm track?
  • GaryHiebner
    When you pull in a track from a slower sample rate into a Logic project with a higher sample rate it does slow the track down. It would be tricky figuring out exactly what that tempo is. You can use the tempo widget to tap out the tempo of the slower track to figure out what the tempo is. http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/music/bpmwidget.html Or alternatively, you can bounce the click track of 133BPM to an audio track, and then pull this 133BM 44.1khz audio track into your new 48khz project and it should now have the right click track, but at a slower tempo. Only problem being that this won't be set to the 133BPM 48khz grid in Logic. Which makes it difficult if you wish to add further tracks and sync them up.
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Gary, thanks -great tip. I'm assessing it would would be easier pulling a 48KHz track into a 44.1KHz instead. When I first started with logic back in Feb of this year, I was just getting used to tracking '[i]period[/i]' and it hadn't even occurred to me about the sampling rates. I just went with the default, so that kind of how I arrived at this junction with a piece that was tracked at 44.1KHz. The good thing now is that all of my tracks are starting out at 48KHz.
  • Rounik Admin
    Good tips. However, when you import a 48k or 44.1k into a project with a different set sample rate you can select the file in Bin and choose to Audio File > Copy/Convert File(s)... it to the project's sample rate. This would be a better option I think. :)
  • LogicStu-JDC
    Ahhhh...great tip, Rounik. I'll make sure to take note: "...[i]select the file in Bin and choose to Audio File > Copy/Convert File(s)... it to the project's sample rate[/i]..." Super. Piece by piece the tools are becoming more useful for me, but it's only when I run into things that I need a resolve for. Thanks so much.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: