macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    ID3 tags
    I'm lazy, and wondering if Logic has a way of automatically telling the ID3 tags data area to fill in the "song" title. Forgive me, I'm very tired, and perhaps not clear. Point in case tonight: I'm creating a pile of sound fx in one Logic project that will have similar but sequential names. I'm doing footsteps right now for several characters, so if I'm bouncing out FootstepsRichardGrassy1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 etc., I'd like to save time by not opening the ID3 window each time. Can it be programmed to copy the title from the Bounce - Save As window, or am I stuck manually typing each title in the two locations? Sleeping soon...
  • Hamish H
    Re: ID3 tags
    Hi Not that this is too much of a solution, but I use copy/paste then just change the numbers... H
  • Hamish H
    Here's a possible workaround: Export the regions with File > Export > All Tracks as Audio Files. Its on page 1020 of the manual. I'm just guessing right now, but if you export a block of tracks and save them with the same name, it should add a number to each to tell them apart. i.e. you have footsteps recorded for twodifferent characters. Put the footsteps on individual tracks, then hide the tracks for one of the characters. Then use File > Export > All Tracks as Audio Files Save as = [character's name] footsteps tick the box for Add resulting files to Audio Bin and do what you like with the rest of the settings - i'd keep them the same as the current project. Then hit Save. Give it a try, and see if it works! I'll try later on too. Cheers H
  • Hamish H
    Hi Sammydave well... it didn't really work as expected. Unfortunately Logic didn't make a distinction between the hidden tracks and the visible ones. Also, giving the export a name in the save as dialogue box didn't matter, Logic just ignored the name, and saved the files as Bips. e.g. the original file I tested with was called 128 D# PAD, and after it was exported it appeared in the bin as 128 D# PAD_bip. I had saved it as [i]test.wav[/i] But... If you change the track name in the track header, then it exports with the new name! So, long story short, it sort of works. Make sure each region has its own track, then use copy and paste on the name of the track header, and just change the number on the end eg: bob footsteps 1 bob footsteps 2 bob footsteps 3 ed footsteps 1 ed footsteps 2 ed footsteps 3 Then export the tracks as above, and lo! all tracks saved in the folder of your choice in one bounce. Like the ring in Lord of the Rings, but with bounces instead of rings. One bounce to bounce them all. Hopefully that can speed up things a bit for you! H
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: