macProVideo.com
Forums
  • philipM
    Scanner Vibrato clipping noise
    Hi I've started using Scanner Vibrato for some of my hi-hats, but I have the problem of getting a clipping noise when I use it. Anybody else have this problem? What can be done to prevent this from happening?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Scanner Vibrato clipping noise
    Hi philipM, This is interesting! I've just come across this issue for the first time... don't think I've encountered pops and clicks when using the scanner vibrato effect before. I'm running Logic 9.1.5 and in 64-bit mode. What about you? What SVib settings are you using? Thanks R
  • philipM
    I'm running 9.1.5 and 64-bit mode, I used to run 32-bit but I switched just to check if the problem would disappear but it didn't. Here's a sample of the annoying sounds that's added. They're not loud but irritating. :) [url]http://soundcloud.com/philip-mannheimer/hihats[/url] I use these settings. Oscilliating High Hats Vibrato: v3 Chorus: -0.7 Stereo Phase: 200 Rate Left: 4.35 Rate Right: 4.20
  • Rounik Admin
    So, I've tried running tests in Logic 9.1.4 and 9.1.5 with the same disappointing results. The Scanner Vibrato is probably one of the least used effect plugins for me so I don't really recall the last time I used it in a version of Logic without clicks and pops. I would put this down as a bug simply because there were issues with clicks and pops in Logic's Noise gate until 9.1.5 and issues with LFO sync in ES2 until 9.1.4. Time to send a bug report to Apple :)
  • philipM
    I'll guess it is! :) Thanks for the feedback.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: