macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kukirey
    awful green, but willing
    greetings, all... MBP 10.6 / logic-pro / 7200r's / 500gigs / ram-maxed... komplete 7 / real-lpc / amplitube / antares, etc... external firewire 7200r's / 500gigs... a year ago, I shelved most-all analogue scenarios in favour of the aforementioned... mistakes happen along the way, oui? bad-advice early-on, found me installing ALL software program / sample-content, on both the Mac & the external... things have become quite messy... can anyone direct me towards comprehensive vids: #1; uninstalling softwares #2; correct configs, as per program vs sample content lastly... is an external usb 2.0 sufficient for projects, or will i ultimately be better served, in getting another firewire? my compliments... troop-troop
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: awful green, but willing
    Hi troop troop, Welcome to the MPV forums! Do you wish to install ALL software on your Mac? I'm not sure I understand. If you wish to remove, for example, the Komplete 7 from your system drive (and leave it on your external dirve) then follow these instructions from Native Instruments: [url]http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledge/questions/456/Uninstalling+NATIVE+INSTRUMENTS+Software+in+Mac+OS+X[/url] I'm not sure what you mean by "correct config" as there's very little to configure in Mac OS X - it's a matter of installing the software, running software update and then doing the occasional maintenance task to keep everything running smoothly :) For streaming audio/video over an external drive I'd recommend a firewire 800 drive over USB 2.0. Hope this helps R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: