macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Low Latency Button Question
    Hey guys, long time to speak! Anyone know exactly how Logic is determining the latency time and or buffer over ride? I ask because I've noticed on a few occasions, having been in the mixing mode, went to record via punch in but I had forgot to make a change to the buffer size, had left the buffer at 1024, did some tracking and it worked fine. I can attribute the good results to the Low Latency button. It seems to just know what time is needed, makes the changes automatically and it just works great. Gota love Logic!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Low Latency Button Question
    Indeed you gotta love Logic! Have you checked out the Logic 207 tutorial, all about latency? Very interesting tut! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9207[/url]
  • Rohogay
    Hi Rounik, Oh ya, I watched that video front to back. I don't recall the time calculations or how to figure that out, normally it just overrides all the latency laden plug ins. I am supposing it might also bypass the monitoring through and go as direct as possible. I just wondered how it calculated and what actually sample rate it sets at or if that changes
  • MorryNYC
    If you go to preferences, and the General tab, you can set the amount of latency allowed in low latency mode.
  • Rohogay
    Brilliant! Thanks much. Had a suspicion it was something simple.
  • MorryNYC
    Glad I could help out best, M
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: