macProVideo.com
Forums
  • musicvows
    Paste Not Working Correctly
    I'm new to Logic Express and so maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I opened the sample editor and wanted to paste a section three times in a row. I did it, it looks good in the editor, and goes to up to bar 17. But above, on the main track, it appears to have pasted only once, and only goes up to bar 6. I probably wouldn't have noticed that, except that it won't play past bar 6 either. It's as though what I'm doing in the editor isn't getting applied properly to the track. Help. :P
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Paste Not Working Correctly
    Hi musicvows, Please don't paste in the Sample Editor !! The Sample Editor is (mostly) a destructive editor, which means you can easily make permanent changes to the original audio file. Much better to make changes and copy and paste in the Arrange area, where everything is non-destructive :) I'd highly recommend working through the tutorial-videos for Logic here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/logic+studio-suite[/url] (The 101 is a great place to begin) Also check out The Hub's free Logic articles... There are a lot of ways to use the tools in Logic in order to make non-destructive changes in the Arrange area. In the top-right of the Arrange area you'll find the tool menu. Let us know if you need any more help or have any questions :) Rounik
  • musicvows
    Re: Paste Not Working Correctly
    Thanks so much. I'll check out the tutorials. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: