macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jideseo
    ES2
    I'm trying to copy what I've seen and heard in the ES2 tutorials in an actual ES2 in Logic. I am finding this difficult because: Steve H is showing us on an 'unset' synth so everything he does produces that sound alone. When I go to an ES2 in Logic, every patch is already very complex and full of commands so if I try to manipulate something, there are loads of existing commands (that I know nothing about) manipulating it too. In fact some of those commands even countermand what I am trying to achieve. How can I open an ES2 which is at the same starting point as the one Steve H begins with in the tutorial? Best regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: ES2
    Hi Tim, The ES2 is quite a complex softsynth. I would recommend starting form the following ES2 preset: 12 Tutorial settings > Analog Saw Init. This gives you a basic Saw synth without all the other added vector, and LFO modulators. From here you can start adding oscillators and fiddling with the settings. Thats the best way I learnt to get around the ES2. Or I can send you a Complete Reset preset of the ES2, which I edited and saved.
  • GaryHiebner
    Here is a link to my ES2 Complete Reset preset. http://www.mediafire.com/?4smi3vmg44m8t4a Place this in the following folder. Then start up Logic and navigate to this preset in the ES2. Macintosh HD > Users > [i]yourusername[/i] > Library > Application Support > Logic . Plug-In Settings > ES2
  • Jideseo
    Dear Gary, I followed the instructions, carefully copying and pasting the address into the browser but it came up with a 404! Best regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Tim, Thats weird. I just tried from another machine and it went to the link fine. Please try again and see if it works. Or else I will try upload it again and post a new link.
  • Jideseo
    Yup! Just tried: http://www.mediafire.com/?4smi3vmg44m8t4a again and just got another 404. Strange but true! Best regards, Tim btw Thanks for all the other input!
  • Rounik Admin
    Link works fine here... Good tip when posting links is to copy the URL and then click the "Add Link" words below the Reply box and paste the link in there. [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?4smi3vmg44m8t4a[/url] The link will now behave as a hyperlink. Does this work better for you Tim?
  • GaryHiebner
    Thanks Rounik
  • Jideseo
    Sorry, Guys, It's some help, but not enough! I clicked on the link which led me to a page which offered a download called Complete Reset.pst. I clicked on it and and it appeared in my downloads window. I clicked on that and it generated a new song for me in Logic. I accepted that (and closed my current song) but then, I got a new window which said: 'The document "Complete Reset.pst" could not be opened'. Duuh! I guess there's a step missing somewhere? Best regards, Tim
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Tim, Did your place the Complete Reste.pst file in your ES2 Preset folder? (Macintosh HD > Users > [i]yourusername[/i] > Library > Application Support > Logic > Plug-In Settings > ES2) Then when you open a Logic Project, insert the ES2 on an instrument channel. The Complete Reset will be in your ES2 presets. Or alternatively you can get to ii in the Media > Library tab.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: