macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Logic
    Was wondering how create new Auxilary tracks? Start up assistant doens't let me create the amount of Aux's, the heiarchtical menu in the arrange window only offers me 2 Aux's, and the environment only offers 3? I need to use effects on multiple individual voices in EXS24 and Ultrabeat. Please help
  • Xidehoy
    Re: Logic
    Hi K1 - it's dead easy. I'll assume you're using L8. * Pull up your environment and either create a new layer or use an existing one. * From the local menu, select New>Channel Strip> Auxiliary That wil create a new aux strip for you. When I do this, for some reason, L8 switches to the audio layer and puts it there. Don't know why. I just cut and paste it to the layer I want to use. Once the strips are in place, go back to UB and assign the samples you're using to the various output channels. You do this by selecting 'Main' (the default) next to the voice and making your selection. When you have your voices assigned, go back to the layer your aux channels are on and configure their inputs (I/O) to the appropriate UB outputs specified above. I created an explanatory pic of what to, but I don't think this forum configuration lets me include it in the post. I can email it to you if you wish. Regards, Shaun
  • mPV Support
    In Logic 8, you can also create Aux Channels directly in the Mixer window. Open the Mixer, selec Options - Create New Auxiliary Channel Strips (from the Mixer local menu). Logic will ask how many Aux you want to create... This has the advantage of creating many Aux in one go.
  • Segejee
    Sorry I'm still using Logic 7, and the enviroment is only letting me create 3 Auxilary objects. How can I get it to where the hiearchtical menu to display more Aux's?
  • mPV Support
    [quote:5540]Sorry I'm still using Logic 7, and the enviroment is only letting me create 3 Auxilary objects. How can I get it to where the hiearchtical menu to display more Aux's?[/quote] In Logic 7, you create Aux in the environment. Create a New Audio Object. In the parameter box, assign it to Audio/Aux... After you create a new Aux, a new one will be available next time. It's now much faster to create Aux in Logic 8.
  • mPV Support
    Oh... another tip for Logic 8 users. A new way to create Aux for Multi channels inst is to click the little "+" on the channel strip of the Multi Inst. Each time you click, a new Aux is created.
  • Segejee
    do you know what is the maximum amount of Aux's that I can create?
  • mPV Support
    Up to 64 can be created in Logic 7 and up to 255 in Logic 8.
  • Segejee
    wow thats a big jump, what were they thinking when they created logic 7?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: