macProVideo.com
Forums
  • TommyM
    Can I install Logic 7 from usb
    Hi, I'm new to Macs...bought a G5 powermac with os10.3.9. It had logic 6 with no dongle. So I bought a full version of logic 7 from ebay with dongle. when I tried loading the disk the disk was ejected after about 20secs. (Other disks are fine, music and other applications) The disk was ok on a friend's mac so he copied it to usb. Now is it better to try installing from usb stick or copying on to mac then installing? How??? :) I'm close to giving up and selling the lot! All I want is a solid recording platform!
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Can I install Logic 7 from usb
    It definitely sounds likeyour SuperDrive in your G5 is poked. Logic 7 should be fine to install from a USB stick. How did you copy the Logic 7 installer disc to USB? As long as you made a disk image of the Logic 7 installer it should install fine from a USB stick.
  • TommyM
    Thanks, good input. I'll ask him to copy it again as a disk image. Currently it goes hald way through the install only leaves me with an 'logic node' icon that does nothing. Best to start again with the disk image.
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, that will be the best way. Post back if you have any further problems.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: