macProVideo.com
Forums
  • msandm
    Disk is too slow or system overload (again!)
    Hi, I had this problem a couple of months ago and your very handy people helped remedy the situation with various settings etc... It has started to happen again even though nothing has changed. I have a 15 track session going with plug ins on only 3 channels... I have a 2.8 GHZ quad-core, 8 gig memory Mac Pro. I have 1.84 TB and 1.75 TB free on two separate drives and it is still doing this... Please help..my session is not big at all and my computer should be more than capable of handling a session much larger than this. Thanks, Damian
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Disk is too slow or system overload (again!)
    Hi Damian, What version of Logic and OS X are you running? Logic in 32-bit or 64-bit mode? Are you running other applications in the background? When do you encounter the disk too slow messages? How much free space do you have on the system drive - the one on which Logic and OSX are installed? Also, are you running any maintenance procedures? e.g. Repair Permissions, etc? Thanks R
  • msandm
    Hi, I'm running in 64 bit mode. There are no applications going on in the background. The error messages don't really seem to have any consistency. They seem to be come and go. Today I have been using it and they haven't come once. I copied all the files into a new session and that seemed to fix the problem somewhat... There is 1.84 Tb free space on the main drive.. As far I'm aware I'm not running any maintenance at all... Thanks, Damian
  • GaryHiebner
    Take a look at the following blog which will take you through some troubleshootings steps you can try to resolve this issue. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/mac-osx/9-mac-troubleshooting-tips-call-mac-guy[/url]
  • msandm
    Thanks, I will give some of these a shot. Thanks for your help... Damian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: