macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lynn
    Settings
    Hi, When I click on Settings, I get an error message: Could not open dialog/window "Song Settings." Also, when I click on auto punch, nothing happens. Thanks!
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Settings
    Hi Lynn, Which version of Logic are you running. And what is your Mac operating system?
  • Lynn
    Thanks Gary! I have Logic 8 and a Mac OS X IBook . For some reason I'm able to get into Settings. I turned on everything and it's all working again. I have 2 other questions. 1-In Preferences, should I have the I/O safety box checked and buffer size at 1024. That's what my book said to do. I was getting overload messages and the recording stopped several times. 2-I've been recording AIFF files. My book said it's better to use Wave (bmf). Should I change over to the Wave files and will that mess things up when mixing, some AIFF and some WAVE. Or just continue on with AIFF? Thanks for your help. Lynn
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Lynn, What Operating System do you have on your iBook? 10.4, 10.5? What are the specs on your iBook? CPU speed and RAM? To answer your questions: 1. What do you mean by the I/O Safety Box? I am running Logic 9. When I go to the Audio Preferences, I have the Core Audio Enabled ticked. I have my audio interface chosen in the Output and Input devices. I have Universal Track Mode, 24-bit recording and software monitoring ticked. Process Buffer Range = medium, Rewire behavior = Playback Mode, Maximum Scrub = normal, Scrub Response = normal. The I/O Buffer size depends what you are doing. You lower it when you are recording to reduce latency, and you higher it during the mixing process. If your buffer size is at 1024 and you are having overload messages it could be related to a few things. Do you have other applications open when you are running Logic? Try close them and only have Logic open. The iBook could be taking strain depending on what spec it is. 2. Its is fine to use either AIFF or WAV. I would say its only an issue if you are working with other people and you need to send them files and their applications can only use WAV. But other than that its fine. AIFF is Apple's standard audio format. And WAV is Windows standard audio format. But Logic can read both. Most other audio applications can read both as well.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: