macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lynn
    Editing
    Hi, I have an OS X 10.5.8 IBook, 1.42 GHz Power PC G4, Logic 8. I recorded a flawless guitar track, but at the end, holding the last note, I shifted and made a chair sound. I tried cutting out the sound but that doesn't work. What is the best way to get rid of the sound, without punching in or fading out too soon? Thanks, Lynn
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Editing
    How loud is the chair sound? Do you have Soundtrack Pro? You could use the noise reduction tools in Soundtrack Pro. Or if you don't have Soundtrack Pro, you could use the noise reduction tools in Logic, but they aren't as high quality. I would say though that you best best is to do Punch in. Set Loop points, then use Logic's Take Feature to record multiple end versions. Then you can choose which version best suits your original guitar take. It will be faster and smother to correct this way, than to use noise reduction tools or editing the part out.
  • Lynn
    Hi Gary, the chair sound is pretty loud. I don't have Soundtrack Pro. I hear what you mean about punching in. Probably the best way to do it. Thanks again!! Lynn
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, punching in definitely sounds like the best route. I'm sure you can lay down a flawless track again.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: