macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Manuel Darveau
    Playback different instrument depending on midi input channel
    Hi, I have a midi keyboard connected to logic express and I would like to use it for live performance. However, I would like to be able to toggle the software instrument used for playback depending on the midi channel selected on my keyboard. This way, I could easily switch my sound during a song. I created 3 Software Instrument tracks in logic express. Assigned a different MIDI Channel (1, 2, 3) to each track and then made all tracks record ready (the red R button). My problem is that even if the keyboard only send note on/off on one channel at a time, logic express plays all 3 instruments for every note. Is there a way to assign a midi input channel to an instrument so that only the software instrument mapped to the MIDI event's channel is played? Thank you very much, any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated! Manuel
  • Dekuruy
    Re: Playback different instrument depending on midi input channe
    Hi Manuel, Go into your project settings. Under 'recording' click on the 'auto-demix by channel if multi-track recording' checkbox. You should then be able to play each software instrument track separately, as per the midi channel your keyboard is sending on. Adam
  • Manuel Darveau
    That's it! Thank you very much, you made my day!!!
  • Dekuruy
    Great! Glad that's working for you. Take care, Adam
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: