macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Lynn
    No Clipping
    Hi, I have a : Mac OS X I Book Version 10.5.8 Processor 1.42 Ghz PowerPC G4 I can't make my levels clip into the red. No matter how high I turn up the volume, it still doesn't go into the red. I did a test, completely filling up the wave with black and not clipping. What do you suppose is going on? Thanks, Lynn
  • Lynn
    Re: No Clipping
    I'm using Logic 8, working while recording, not mixing.
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Lynn, Why do you need to clip your audio? Have you tried different audio samples to see if you get the same results? Sounds like the audio is not clipping as the source material may not be that loud, therefore its not reaching into the clipping area of the channel strip
  • Lynn
    Hi Gary, When I record, there's no way to know if I'm clipping. The only thing I can look at is the sound wave for spikes. I was testing in extremes, trying to clip so I could find my range of volume. My guitars never clip. I can completely max them out and fill the whole wave with sound and still, there's no distortion or clipping. It doesn't make sense. I can get the click track to clip and go into the red. Is there some other way to see the results of my recording peaks, besides looking at the sound wave? Thank you, Lynn
  • GaryHiebner
    Hi Lynn, That is strange What audio interface are you using? Does it have level meter where you can see if the recorded signal is going into the red?
  • Lynn
    I'm using a MOTU set at 0. Only using volume from a pendulum preamp, bypassing the MOTU. I'm glad I'm not clipping. I recently started importing the audio files into wave burner, checking with the level meter. All of my audio files peak up to 0.0 at some point, but never go passed that.
  • Big J.
    Bizarre problem, you can put a Gain plugin onto the channel and or the out 1-2. Logic doesn't clip enterally, but your indicators lights in the Mixer window should still tell you when the level is exceeding OdB Full Scale.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: