macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tracy r
    Using Software Instruments
    Hello I just started using Logic, and I am visually impaired(my wife says I have enough vision to get in trouble). The current problem is that when I load a logic software instrument such as Ultrabeat, I can't open the instrument window to see it. Is there a key command, or a menu button to s[url][/url]olve my problem? Thanks TracyR
  • Dekuruy
    Re: Using Software Instruments
    Hi TracyR I don't believe there is a key command or special button for instantiating a software instrument. However after the software instrument is first instantiated, you can use the v key to toggle it's window open and closed. To first instantiate a software instrument, you need to double click on its name in the channel strip. The instrument's name appears in a little rectangular box slightly above the fader. It's highlighted in blue. That's where you double click. You can now close the instrument's window with the v key and it will open again with another press of that key. The v key behaves this way for any software instruments and/or plug-ins that are open. If you don't want a certain window to keep opening and closing with the v key, just close that window by clicking on its close button. Also, do you know that all macs have universal access features. They can be accessed through the system preferences. There is a zoom feature. You may have to go to system preferences to turn it on, but then you'll be able to zoom in on anything on the screen - it zooms right in to wherever your mouse is pointing - pretty neat. To zoom in, press option, command, and the equals sign. To zoom out, it's option, command, minus sign. I believe you can enable this feature by pressing option, command, 8. Hope that helps, Adam
  • Tracy r
    Re: Using Software Instruments
    Thanks so much, I use voice over and the magnificationin universal access on the Mac, it does tend to cause a few problems with Logic, especially with the zoom features, and some key commands. Down the road I'll try to customize those commands I use alot. Thanks again for the info about the V key Tracy
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: