macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sullyblime
    Phase problems
    Hello, So I'm trying to record a spacey introduction to my song, so I pulled out the output on the guitar just to hear it lightly let the reverb ring. However, this creates phase issues and my timing is now off with the percussion in the background. How can I produce this effect correctly and either correct the phasing with the pulled output or use an alternate effect to achieve the same result? Thanks a lot!
  • Hamish H
    Re: Phase problems
    Hey Sullyblime One way to get the reverb in time would be to bounce it to a new audio region. then move it into time with the percussion. Make sure you get the right reverb sound first, because you can't tweak the settings once its a bounced audio file. As for the phase issues, i'm not too sure - without hearing the reverb it's hard to tell. Is the reverb on a different channel fro the guitar - set up as a send? or is it on the same channel strip as the guitar? Have you got any effects on the original guitar track that affect phase? If these are going to the reverb then they may be contributing to the phase issues. Try taking off any other effects that might affect the phase, and send a clean signal to the reverb. Or you could also try: a)changing the order of the plugins b) putting a stereo gain plugin on th reverb track and swap the phase around until it sounds better c) experiment with different reverb settings Hope that helps for now H
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: