macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dekuruy
    How many wireless devices in Audio MIDI setup?
    I have 8 (actually 9, but I'll get to the 9th later....) iPads that I want to wirelessly interface with Logic via a Session in 'MIDI Network Setup'. The eight iPads will all be running the Midi Touch app. I have successfully done this with 2 or 3 iPads simultaneously, so I'm pretty sure I'm setting it up right. Today, I tried all eight, and the network kept dropping some of the connections. I'm pretty sure it was consistently holding on to 4 or 5 of the connections, but more than that seemed very precarious. Is there a way to do this so that I can reliably run all 8 connections without interference, or loss of connection - and data? Do I need a router, or is there a different procedure to set up a network like this? And about that 9th iPad. I would like that to be running TouchOSC, and also controlling Logic remotely. I'm asking about this separately because I know this gets set up as a control surface in Logic's preferences. I notice the port # is different for this in TouchOSC - it's 8002, whereas in Midi Touch it's 5004. I honestly don't know what that really means, if anything. I've run TouchOSC successfully in this manner, but never together with other iPads running Midi Touch wirelessly. Is having all these wireless connections possible? Can it be done reliably? Thanks, Adam
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: