macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tropes
    Flex Editing
    Hi again, I posted this a week or so ago but there was no response. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly but I'll ask again: Can drum tracks be phase flexed (quantized) when they are in take folders? Or, should they be bounced in place then flexed and quantized. I tried while they were still takes folders and some of the hits sound fragmented. I hope I'm explaining this properly. Thanks, Tropes
  • Rohogay
    Re: Flex Editing
    Hello Tropes, Can you explain what you tried to do in more detail please? Were the take folders not yet flatten or merged? Audio folders correct? Or Midi?
  • Tropes
    Thank you for your reply. I purchased tutorial 104 to get mor out of flex editing. I've been using Logic since almost the beginning. This will be my 8th cd produced. I'm working on a track with full set of drums with 3 takes and they are all in takes folders. In addition, the drums are grouped. I wanted to experiment with quantizing them. I didn't bounce the tracks out. Kept them in thei existing folders. I was able to quantize them but at some points I got some digital noise. Should I be bouncing all OD the drum tracks in place before I try to flex them as a group? Thank you for your help. Tropes
  • Rounik Admin
    Re:
    Hi Tropes, Yes, you can flex the contents of take folders. Which Flex mode are you using? Have you tried using Slice or Rhythmic? Seems to work fine here... Thanks Rounik
  • Tropes
    I was using slice. The drums consisted of 6 grouped tracks. I will try it again. Thank you for your help. Tropes
  • Rounik Admin
    Re:
    No probs. What version of Logic are you running? 9.1.5? In 32-bit / 64-bit mode? Do try this in another new project to see if there is an issue in the current project...
  • Tropes
    I'm using 9.1.5 and 32 bit. That brings up another question: can I switch this protect from 32 to 64 bit? I watch the tutorial on it today. Thank you, Tropes
  • Rounik Admin
    Re:
    Hi Tropes, To switch Logic to 64-bit mode, quit the app then g o to the Applications folder and select Logic Pro.app. Hit COmmand-I and in the Get Info window deselect the 'run in 32-bit' option. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: