macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sullyblime
    What's the best recording chain w/Duet?
    So I have an Apogee Duet. And I'm researching the best equipment to use with it without spending 7 billion dollars. I was wondering what were people's different signal chains? Right now I just plug directly into the Duet. But I was thinking of getting a compressor (perhaps an FMR RNC1773) and a preamp (perhaps a Great River ME-1NV). Would that be a good combo? Worth the money? Huge difference? Is it even necessary? And how would I even set that up? Do people have any other recommendations with the Apogee Duet? Also, would it be worth upgrading to Duet 2 if I had a new compressor and preamp already? (I know the Duet sounds well by itself. But I want to maximize my sound as much as I can with just spending $2,000. My mics are AKG C-212 and a pair of Rode NT5's.) Thanks. lots of questions. my apologies.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: What's the best recording chain w/Duet?
    Hi Sullyblime, Well, I've been testing out the Duet 2 over the original Duet and I'm constantly impressed with the improved sound. My recordings are much warmer, smoother... so much better that I find myself applying very little corrective EQ and compression!! Personally, I'd recommend stepping up to the Duet for that reason alone and investing in some software based compressors so you can apply them to sound after the fact. Just my $0.02... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: