macProVideo.com
Forums
  • pedal looper
    pedal looping on isolated tracks on the fly
    I know with mainstage you can record a stereo out of all the loops you are working on. But is it possible to either through logic or mainstage to record each loop separately on the fly? I.e. to have the track isolation of logic, with the on the fly looping of mainstage, all controlled by the apogee gio? To be more specific, I'd like to start on track 1, press record on the gio foot pedal and play guitar Then press a button to stop the recording of the loop, but keep the loop in playback, like any normal loop pedal, but recording into a DAW. Then press another button on the gio to select track two, and another button record, and after playing another guitar part then press another button to stop the recording and have it loop in playback. Then do it with a third and 4th track, either pressing the button to turn the currently recorded track into a loop or just to stop the recording withoutà turning it into a loop. Is this possible to compose and record a song like this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: pedal looping on isolated tracks on the fly
    Hi pedal looper, While Ableton is better placed at doing live recordings on the fly, I believe it may be possible in Logic. However, I'm not sure about setting up the GiO to do this as I don't have one to hand. If you can you assign the cursor keys to GiO buttons/pedals and another button to toggle record ready then you can do this. I'd recommend looping your project before hand and then creating a cycle area with the locators to keep everything in your arrangement looping. Let me know how you get on. R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: