macProVideo.com
Forums
  • the dim(e)
    Logic 9 upgrade
    Hello, I have just recently upgrade to Logic 9. I am unable to locate logic 9. Logic 8 is still on my toolbar but will not open and the error message mentions 'you can't use this version of the application logic pro with this version on mac os x' then underneath it mentions i have logic 9.1.1 Is anyone expereinced this error? thanks Tom
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Logic 9 upgrade
    Hi Tom, Can you please give us some more details on what Mac your are using and what operating system is on the unit? Also see if you can open Logic from the Applications menu. If you have both Logic 8 and 9 installed there should be two Logic versions in your Applications folder. Test and see which one doesn't open and let us know.
  • the dim(e)
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74) i had a look in applications but can only see logic 8 thanks tom
  • GaryHiebner
    Maybe do a Spotlight search and see if you can find another Logic application. Maybe when you installed Logic 9 it didn't install it in the Applications folders.
  • the dim(e)
    Not showing up on spotlight? Mainstage/soundtrack pro/logic node seems to be working? Not sure if its the new version though.I recently bought a new mac and the time machine transferred logic 8 onto it. On my previous computer i had taken the above packages off. I'm not sure if mainstage was put back onto this new computer from the time machine or the update. tom
  • GaryHiebner
    I would say your best bet is to reinstall Logic 9 again and make sure the destination is set to your Applications folder.
  • the dim(e)
    Ok I'll try that. I'm not sure how to uninstall as I can't locate on my computer. How should I go about uninstalling it? Many thanks Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tom Before you got about re-installing, just check once again in: HD/Applications/ You should see Logic Pro.app in there. It isn't named Logic 9, just Logic Pro. When Logic is installed from disc the installer will never place the Logic application in any location other than the Applications folder. So if you've already installed all the content from disc then pop in the installation disc and choose to install only the application (not all the additional content). There's no need to uninstall. Cheers Rounik
  • the dim(e)
    Hey, I looked in the app & i can see logic pro & logic pro 8. I'm guessing the Logic Pro is the new version installed. When I try to open it opens up the message I orginally posted about not being able to run on this version of Mac OS X Tom
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tom, Yes, the most up to date version of Logic is always called Logic pro.app. Older versions are usually renamed with the version number. What version of OSX are you running? In the applications folder single click on Logic pro.app and hit Commad-I. In the Get Info window you'll see the version number of Logic 9. If it's 9.0.x then run software update on your Mac. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: