macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    MIDI glitch!
    Oh boy, doesn't it always happen when a deadline looms... I began recording a Nature Sound background using one of Logic's built-in sound fx, which uses the EXS24. I hit a couple of keys, no problem. A little further up the keyboard, instead of the long nature woodsy/birdcall sounds, it begins playing a 1/12 second chunk of said sound, and the same happens with a few of the sounds. The ones I originally hit still sound fine, so I restart a couple of times, reset all midi drivers, no results. However, I recorded 20 seconds of the sound that worked. When I played it back, there were many erratic little midi notes all over the place, on top of my one good sound. It sounds very glitchy, and nowhere near a nature sound. I tried opening a new project, and the same thing happened, and then I noticed that any track with a midi instrument assigned to it would make the glitchy sounds whenever I clicked the Record button, regardless of hitting a note or not. Any suggestions? I'm fully expecting to have to reload or manually polish my hard-disks or buy a new tower... But any ideas would be great...
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: MIDI glitch!
    Hi sammydave, Is it just with that EXS24 instrument or any EXS24 instrument? How did you convert the nature background noise to an EXS24 instrument?
  • Gorynui
    Actually, it was happening with instances of Omnisphere and Alchemy as well. The nature sounds are a Logic preset using the EXS24. And with all of these instruments, it seemed to only be a single octave that was causing the problem. However, after doing a basic cleanup with an app called OnyX, and restarting a couple of times, it seems to have cleared up. The mysteries of MIDI....
  • GaryHiebner
    Onyx is a great maintenance application. Well done! Think I'm gonna run Onyx as well now. My Macbook Pro seems to be running slower than usual.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: