macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 88keez
    Sounds
    Does anyone have a recommendation for sound software that can be loaded into the mac? I'm looking for strings and horns, but it doesn't have to be just that specifically. The sounds in Logic are ok, but I'm hoping to get some new, "bigger and better" sounds. If anyone knows of anything out there, can you kindly steer me in that direction. Thanks, 88keez
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Sounds
    Kontakt is your best bet. It comes with a great orchestral Library and there are expansion packs you can get if you wish to get more specific with the instruments and sounds you want. All depends how much you are wanting to spend.
  • 88keez
    Thanks for getting back to me. I have just spent the last half hour looking and listening to the Kontakt product that you have suggested. The sounds seem to be what I have been looking for. Thank you. Have you had any experience with their other products as far as their mixing software goes?
  • GaryHiebner
    The Native Instrument products are very good. I use Massive and FM8 and am thorough happy with the products. I don't use Kontakt that much anymore, but I remember that the bundled orchestral instruments with Kontakt were very good. I used them alot for film-score productions that I did. I found the sounds very realistic. You were also able to automate the articulation of the instruments. Which was very interesting. Kontakt is becoming the industry standard sampler for film-score producers now. So I would say you can't go wrong with it.
  • 88keez
    I appreciate the insight. I will figure out which Kontakt product is best for me right now and start using that one. There is a few to choose from and unfortunately I don't have a limitless budget. But it looks like Kontakt is the way to go. Thanks again.
  • GaryHiebner
    Kontakt Producer I think would be the best bet, if it fits into your budget.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: