macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nitygua
    16 Bit Linear, Stereo?
    I'm recording some backing tracks to load into a Roland RC-30 Loop Station. I bounce the tracks to 16 Bit, 44.1, Wave format. The RC-30 can't use the file unless it is linear (whatever that means). I don't know how to do that in Logic but it was suggested to me to open the file in iTunes and convert to a WAV there and sure enough, it is then able to be used by the RC-30. The problem is that iTunes bumps up the level and then that track is incredibly loud as opposed to the tracks I make when live looping. Can I make a linear stereo track in Logic? Thanks, John
  • Nitygua
    Re: 16 Bit Linear, Stereo?
    Actually, after a lot of experimentation I've found that I just have to bounce the original track at around -28 db to have it at the proper levels. I still however need to open the file in iTunes and then convert to a WAV file there for it to be formatted correctly. Hope this makes sense. J
  • GaryHiebner
    What version of Logic are you using? From what I have researched the Roland RC-30 Loop Station uses a format that Logic cannot export out to. But you can use the audio application Audacity and save the audio file as 16 bit Microsoft WAV file. Then your Roland RC-30 Loop Station will be able to read the file. I know this doesn't help your situation of going between more than one application. But this is the only information I could find on how to solve the Roland RC-30 Loop Station file audio format issue. Hope this helps.
  • Nitygua
    Thanks, Gary. At least I know what I'm dealing with now. J
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: