macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mike
    Ivory II Piano Overload?
    I'm consistently having a problem when building a concert with more than two Ivory II piano patches in Mainstage 2 (version 2.1.3). If I put three or more Ivory piano patches (these are separate patches with different features like synth layer or transpose), then invariably the program will fail during performance. The CPU meter goes full scale, turns red, and only a few notes make it out to the sound board, and they are very late. Very bad situation in church setting. For now, I'm dealing with it by using Ivory II only where I need it, but would like to solve the issue. My computer is a brand new Macbook Pro with 4 gigs of memory and fastest processor (2.7 GHz I7). Nothing else is on this computer, not even email. It is dedicated to Mainstage for performance. Is Ivory II piano's just too big for Mainstage in performance mode? I know it takes a very long time to load a concert that has even one Ivory II piano. Thanks, Mike
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Ivory II Piano Overload?
    Hi Mike Well, that's a lot of instances of Ivory to be honest. Are you running Mainstage 2 in 63-bit mode? In fact is Ivory II 64-bit compatible? Oh, wait, so you've got 4GB ram? I'd go for at least 8GB or more if possible. You can install this yourself and buy from a good retailer like crucial.com. Finally how much disk space do you have on your system drive? Thanks
  • Mike
    Mainstage 2 is running in 64 bit, but Ivory II is not. I don't think they offer 64 bit yet. Hard drive is 500G with 400G available. I will look into extra memory.
  • Rounik Admin
    Well, it doesn't matter too much anyway as running in 64-bit mode allows your system to use more than 4GB of Ram... Try running in 32-bit mode see if you get any better performance.
  • Mike
    How do I run in 32-bit mode?
  • Rounik Admin
    Go to the Applications folder and single-click on the Mainstage 2 icon. Either choose File > Get Info or hit "Command-I". In the Get Info window tick the "Open in 32-bit mode" checkbox. :) You can do the same for Logic Pro 9.1.x
  • Mike
    I found how to switch to 32-bit mode in Mainstage. However, the box is already checked to "open in 32-bit mode" so i guess I was already running in 32-bit mode. Should I un-check the box and try 64-bit mode?
  • Rounik Admin
    Try it, but I think you'll find no noticeable improvement especially if Ivory is 32-bit. Have you tried running a similar setup in Logic? I'd highly recommend upgrading to 8GB ram and checking with Ivory to see when they're planning on releasing 64-bit compatibility.
  • Mike
    I have not tried Logic at all. Just Mainstage for live performance. Will try 8GB. Seems like a good possible solution. I also contacted Synthogy (Ivory II) to see what they recommend. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: