macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bruqe
    Running Logic 7 and 9 on the same Mac Pro
    I have Logic 9.1 installed on my Mac Pro. To open scores I created in Logic 4.7 is was necessary to install Logic 7. After installing 7 and getting the message "installation successful", I only see Logic 9. You answered that it was possible to run both 7 and 9 on the same computer. This appears not to be the case? How do I get Logic 7 installed? Thanks ahead, Bruqe P.S. I posted the same question somewhere else on this site. Sorry for the redundancy.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Running Logic 7 and 9 on the same Mac Pro
    Do you not see more than one Logic Pro application in your Applications folders. The applications are installed separately. They do not overwrite each other. What operating system are you running? 10.5, 10.6, 10.7? If it is 10.7 then that may be the problem. Logic 7 runs under Rosetta in 10.5 and 10.6. 10.7 no longer supports Rosetta. I just looked on the web and see that Logic 7 does not launch under 10.7. A workaround is to use Parallels. With Parallels you can run Snow Leopard 10.6 alongside 10.7. Then you can run Logic 7 within this Snow Leopard virtual.
  • Bruqe
    I'm using OX 10.6.6. I only see Logic 9 in the Applications folder and not Logic 7. Sorry, I do not understand what you mean with the "Parallel" option Bruqe
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bruqe, From memory, I believe you'll need at least Logic Pro 7.2 and above in order to run it on Intel-Macs. You see there was an architecture shift back then when Macs began using intel chips. So, only Logic 7.2.x can run on newer Intel Macs. I remember that the update for Logic 7.2 was a paid upgrade. I think this'll be very difficult to find now... What exact version of Logic 7 did you install?
  • Bruqe
    Hello Rounik, The installation disks simply say 7.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bruqe, I'd advise: 1. looking on eBay (or similar) for someone selling the 7.2 upgrade. It was never a download option but came on DVD. 2. Loading Logic 7.0 on a G4 or G5 Mac. Running Software Update and then converting all your Logic 4 projects to version 7... then loading them into Logic 9. 3. Finding a nice person with Logic 7.2 who could load and then save all your L4 projects into L7 format. :)
  • Bruqe
    Hello Rounik, Thanks for the L4 and L7 help. For L9, where can I find information on getting started from the very beginning in L9? I need to know how to set up the keyboard and midi interface. I've looked at some of the tutorials, however, I do not see some of the items featured in the video on my computer (i.e. I have no instrument to which I can connect the virtual cables from the midi interface I created). Thanks again, Bruqe
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: