macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Janne
    Logic to Final Cut to Logic, how?
    Hello, I have a Logic project that I've construced starting off with a movie soundtrack imported from Final Cut as xml. I've worked on lots of the audio clips in Logic, and added music as instrument tracks. Now my producer wants me to still edit the movie a bit. So, I'd need to make further edits in FCP, and have these reflected in my Logic project. Sending an xml file from Logic to FCP and back is not an option, as I have instrument tracks that I don't want to bounce until the final cut is in Logic (reason being that I want to time some notes precisely with movie edits). So the question is: can I somehow "update" my Logic project to take into account the further edits that I make in FCP - so that if I should for example delete 2 seconds from somewhere in the movie, then all audio (and hopefully instrument track) regions would move 2 seconds backwards from this edit onwards? The edits will be all cuts, so basically the question is how to delete specific amounts of time at specific locations in the Logic project. I really don't want to do this by hand, as even slight errors would put the soundtrack off sync. System: Logic Pro 9 Final Cut Pro 7 Thanks, cheers, Janne
  • Hamish H
    Re: Logic to Final Cut to Logic, how?
    Hi Janne I think you can use the Cut Section function. - set the locators to the area you want to cut then: click the Cut Section button in the Arrange toolbar, or use the Region > Cut/Insert Time > Snip: Cut Section Between Locators Its on page 396 of the manual. Try it and see how you go. Cheers Hamish
  • Janne
    Re: Logic to Final Cut to Logic, how?
    Hi, Thanks. I ended up moving the regions manually, as I only had a few extra cuts to deal with, but I suppose the Cut Section function should work well in this type of situation. Cheers Janne
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: