macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mecefoi
    Extend Video Track Length in Logic 9
    I recently switched over to Logic 9 from Digital Performer. I love working in Logic, but there is one little thing I can't figure out. I'm scoring to a Quicktime video, and my audio track is a bit longer than the video track. I want the reverb tail to linger after the video fades to black. Is it possible to extend the video track with black frames until the audio track is finished? I'm probably missing something pretty simple, but I appreciate any assistance. Chris
  • Hamish H
    Re: Extend Video Track Length in Logic 9
    Hi Chris You'd have to add the black frames to the video using video editing software. Logic can't edit video that I am aware of. Having said that, I haven't watched Steve H's scoring to video tutorial:[url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9203[/url] but I'm fairly confident that Logic doesn't have a 'add black frame' feature. You should go back to the source of the video and add the frames there. Cheers Hamish
  • Mecefoi
    Thank you, Hamish. I appreciate the quick response! I actually wound up opening the video in Digital Performer (DP,) then dragging the audio track from the Logic project folder. DP gives you the option to extend the video track with black frames. There is probably a much simpler way to do it, but since I'm not a videographer, I'll do what works! Thanks again, Chris
  • GaryHiebner
    Thats a handy feature in Digital Performer. Wish they had that in Logic. Sometimes Logic does lack some features regarding working with video. But from a composing and producing point of view Logic is great. I love the included plugins and effects. I often find that I don't need many 3rd party plugins when working with Logic.
  • Mecefoi
    Agreed. Now that I wrapped my head around the "Environment" concept in Logic, I feel like I can explore what else it can do. If only Logic had a "Free Time" plugin. That is, a plug-in that gives you actual "Free Time." Man, I'd pay money for THAT.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: