macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mobajii
    Exporting audio files from a session to create a new session
    My band just recently tracked our drums for our full record at this studio and I am going to to track all the bass and guitars at my place. The engineer recorded all the track in 1 session, however I don't feel comfortable editing and arranging in one session because there are tempo changes and other variables. What's the best way to split this session into individual sessions for each song?
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Exporting audio files from a session to create a new session
    How many tracks do you have in the one session? If you have 12, then save 12 different Logic projects. Then rename them to the name of the song. Go into each project and delete the sections of the sessions that don't pertain to the particular song. If the song you working on is not at the beginning, you can then move the regions all the way to the beginning of the time line. After you have re-worked all of the projects and isolated the tracks so they are all related to that track, go to File > Save Copy As. Now you can create a new folder with the project relating to that individual songs. Hope this makes sense. If not let me know, and I can explain further.
  • Mobajii
    This makes sense. I thought that was the way to do it but was hoping there was an easier way since every time I save it 20 gigs of files have to save on the external drive. Thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Yes, the project will refer to the original files. You could you the convert to new audio file (Right-click audio region > Convert > Convert to New Audio File). Rename the new files, and then remove the original files once done. This will free up space as the the new audio files will only be the length required.
  • Mobajii
    Ok so I have 8 separate folders now. 1 for each song. I'm a bit confused for the next step. Every one of those new folders is 20 gigs when I look at the info. So these files are still referring to the original session. How do I condense these new folders to just contain only the single project? Also when I try to clear up the audio bin I get a message telling I will delete files in other sessions. So I want to avoid accidentally erasing any original files. Thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: