macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Toby6668
    Anchor points locked?
    Hi from a newbie with a question. I can't seem to move the anchor points in any audio files. When i hover over them in the sample editor the curser changes to the hand symbol but refuses to move them. When I try to shift them in the audio bin I get a 'no can do' type of sign when I hover over. I searched in the preferences etc but can't find an answer. Any help gratefully appreciated :o)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Anchor points locked?
    Hi Toby, Welcome to the forums! Sounds like it could be caused by the file being an mp3 or that you've split one audio file (region) into multiple regions... and really an anchor point exists per audio file. A couple of possible solutions: 1. Right-click on the region in the Arrange and choose the Bounce in Place option. or 2. if dealing with multiple regions, select them all, Right-click on one of the selected regions in the Arrange and choose the convert to new audio files option. The anchor point should be moveable now :)
  • Toby6668
    Thanks for the help Rounik. As is often the case....I opened the same project and this time it worked perfectly! Goodness knows what I had done wrong. Your comments will still be useful though.....for next time :o) Thanks again, Toby
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Toby, No problem! Wonder what caused that issue... Glad it's all working better now though! Have you seen these articles on The MPV Hub about troubleshooting in Logic? They might come in handy to banish a number of gremlins(!) or just be a good Sunday read... [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/troubleshooting-logic-101-hear-audio-heres[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/trash-talk-guide-reset-logics-preference-files[/url] Cheers! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: