macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kejedey
    Mixing Level - actual db level for mixing
    Hi Guys, Well, I've got enough knowledge of Logic and music production to be almost dangerous! But - I still struggle to get a decent mix. I blame this mostly on my small home studio control room which is roughly this big in meters: L 3.1 - W 2.9 - H 2.5 My Tannoy Reveal 6D monitors have active eq for bad rooms, and a program called ActivAssist to help set that - which I'm getting going with soon. There is also an M Audio Bass Station sub in use. Also planning to maybe make some bass traps - which I know little about really. My main question is, do you think there an optimum monitoring level - (which I have heard is 77db for pop) which can be assessed using a Radioshack sound level meter or similar - to help keep the mix on a par with all the other mixes done at the same db level? Any other tips? (my next investment will a pair of Sennheiser HD650 reference headphones, to get me more independent of the room). Cheers! Gurner
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Mixing Level - actual db level for mixing
    Guys seem to have differing opinions on the monitoring level debate. But most agree between 75db - 80db. You can listen between 95db - 100db but not for extended amounts of time (no more than an hour at a time).
  • Kejedey
    Re: Mixing Level - actual db level for mixing
    Hi Gary, Thanks for that! Gurner
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: