macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kroes
    light piano and vox normalize
    I really like to bounce my mixes and normalize the tracks. They sound perfect until I record a vocal and piano track. Love the peak on the piano in the mix after normalization but the vox are too high in the mix...No matter what I seem to do I cannot get a piano/vox correct when I normalize. Multiple tracks with multiple instruments sound great with no problem after normalization.. When I do a mix without normalization--it sounds great, just too low of a mix compared to the other tracks that have all been normalized. Is the only way around this on this piano/vox track to increase the master of the mix and not normalize so the levels are as high as the normalized tracks? thanks
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: light piano and vox normalize
    Why not rather use the Adaptive Limiter on the Master channel to raise your level? Normalizing with effect the dynamics of your mix which is why it is sounding different when you apply the normalising. on the Adaptive Limiter make set the Output Ceiling to -0.1 and increase the Gain to increase your overal perceive volume of the mix
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: