macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dnizzle
    Track properties in Arrange not updating in Mixer
    This has suddenly happened to most of my projects, perhaps after the last update. I made a quick video from my iphone to better explain it: [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4983817/Video%20Jan%2003%2C%209%2023%2042%20AM.mov[/url] If I uncheck mute in the Mixer window and check mute in the Arrange, or vice versa, they still won't update. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Track properties in Arrange not updating in Mixer
    Hi dnizzle, This is because there are two levels of mute/solo mode in Logic. You can have independent Mixer and Arrange Track mute/solo or linked. The former can be useful if, for example, you have 5 tracks for the same software instrument channel strip. You can then have different MIDI regions on each track... mute all but one of the tracks and still hear the MIDI region on one of those tracks... but if you mute the Channel strip then all those tracks will be muted... or in this case not ;-) Anyway, you can find much more info about this in the Logic 101 tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] Also, you can change this global setting here: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [General] Track Mute/Solo: Fast (Remote channel strips) - means the channel strip and track is linked OR CPU-Saving (slow response) - what you're currently set to. Hope that helps Rounik
  • dnizzle
    Thank you! I know what happened, I was going through the Latency Toolbox tutorials and noticed Rice's setup and changed mine to match his hoping it would make me more awesome. :)
  • Rounik Admin
    And it does!! (...make you more awesome that is). There's lots of ways to work in Logic. So, knowing how to use mute/solo modes independent of, or connected to, channel strips is very cool :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: