macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Trigs
    Changing Key of Loop Mid Song
    I recorded a basic blues track on my own bass and guitar in G. I have the global track set to the key of G. I want to use a slide guitar loop, but I need to change the key of the loop to C and D in certain parts to follow the basic 12 bar blues pattern. Can anyone help me on this one?
  • MorryNYC
    Re: Changing Key of Loop Mid Song
    Hey Trigs, Are you using a green apple loop or a blue one? Either way, all you need to do is click on the region you want to change, then go to the region parameter box (directly above the channel strip on the arrange page). There you will find Transposition as one of the editable parameters. If you click on the double arrows, you can change the octave, and if you click in the blank space next to the word "transition" you can move in increments of half steps. You can split a loop with your scissors tool, then apply different transition values to each part of the loop if you want your change to happen mid-loop. In a green apple loop, you can also open it in the piano roll editor and select the notes and move them anywhere on the grid you want, and even change notes around to alter the the melody if you feel the need.
  • Rounik Admin
    I'd go with Morry's solution. You might also be interested in using the transposition/signature global track when using blue or green apple loops: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/logic-pro/working-key-signature-global-track-logic[/url]
  • Trigs
    Awesome. Thank you for the help. It is sounding great now...
  • aioSTUDIO
    Great!!!! thanks you all!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: