macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasycuy
    memory
    logic and protools say there out memory? logic opens and then closes on second. it try's to load a plug in that is authorized and hit the cancel button 3x's then logic loads and as soon as it comes up its snaps off? And protools say's not enough memory? Wow what's going on. Reason plays with no problems? Help any one, need to get back to work with logic. Tommy
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: memory
    Hi Tommy, Have you tried restarting your Mac? Do you perform any maintenance on your Mac from time to time?
  • Rasycuy
    well I don't know what you mean? I start my mac every day. what kind of maintenance can I do on my mac or how can I do that? Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Check out Onyx for Mac - it's a very useful system maintenance tool: [url]http://www.onyxmac.com/[/url] Also, are you having this issue with every project you are running? And if you can tell us about the version of Logic & Pro Tools and the Mac you're using that'd be great. It would be helpful to have more details... including the audio interface you're running and free disk space on your system drive too.
  • Rasycuy
    mac pro 0S X 10.6.8 2ghz intel core duo memory 2 gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram 125 gb on my internal drive It only does this logic and protools. tried onyxmac and logic came on one time? I think I need to use onyxmac all the way? "but reason 6 is fine. logic 9 protools9
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Thanks. So, you're running Logic 9.0.0 and Pro Tools 9.0? Use Onyx to do things like "Repair Permissions" or use the Disk Utility in Mac OS X itself. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] But your system has a very low amount of ram. 2GB is the absolute minimum you need to run Logic 9. Make sure you don't have other applications open at the same time when running Logic.
  • Rasycuy
    Re
    Apple just sent me an upgrade for logic 9 and did the upgrade and now logic works again. Wow. Now I can finish my work. You guys are great,and by the way I try'd your information and did start to get it, but upgrade did the trick. Thanks Tommy I will see you in all the tutorials.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Re
    Glad to hear it!! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: