macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Pro
    Trying to map sounds to my Novation Impulse 25 help!
    Hey, so I've been searching for countless hours and have no clue how to do this...I bought the novation impulse 25 and was able to get it to register with logic so I can play in tracks. My question is how do I map loops/sounds of my choosing to my impulse keyboard. For example, while using the keyboard as a synth I would love to be able to hit one of the 8 drum pads on my controller to add a drum loop or something. The keyboard also came with Automap 4 but I'm confused on using it/don't know what exactly it's used for. Any help is appreciated I'm a noob!
  • Hamish H
    Re: Trying to map sounds to my Novation Impulse 25 help!
    Hi Logic Pro I'll start with Automap because it will help to answer your first question if you know what it is. Automap means you can automatically map the rotary encoders and drum pads on the Impulse to any of Logic's instruments, effects and even the mixer. It takes a little bit to get set up and I recommend going to Novation website to fond out how. You'll need to 'wrap' Automap around all Logic's plugins. Then whenever you open a plugin Automap will automatically assign an encoder/drum pad/button to a function of that plugin. Eg filter cutoff, lfo rate etc. You can change the way it assigns things to suit. So its great for live manipulation of one or more settings on a plugin/instrument/effect. Something a mouse can't easily do. But Logic isn't the sort of program that lets you trigger drum loops with the pads. You can have a try with Mainstage if you have it, but you might want to think of some other creative uses. Other options: 1. If you turn Automap off the drum pads will send midi cc information. You could make something in Logic's enviromnent that could respond to the cc information (but I imagine it will be limited to only one or two possible functions - probably not triggering drum loops) 2. If loops is what you're after, use Logic's EXS24. Create a new sampler instrument and fill it with he loops you want to trigger, then use the keys on your Impulse instead of the drum pads. You might be able to split the keyboard so half of it is triggering loops and the other half is still making sounds. Hope that is enough to give you some ideas anyway- have fun! Cheers Hamish
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: