macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cavetia
    beat mapping audio
    hi My name is bob. i run logic 8 1.8 ghz ppc g5 i beat map an audio track. no problem. i play along to it on a midi track and hit each 1/4 note. easy. but after i want to align a second track - how do i make use of the reference already created from the first beat mapping? thanks from canada
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: beat mapping audio
    Hi Bob, and welcome to the forums :) Do you mean you want to bring in a pre-recorded audio file and beatmap it to the original? That's more tricky... not sure if it's really possible in Logic 8 even if you turn your 2nd audio into an apple loop... In Logic 9 you've got flex time which can enable you to manually line things up with your beat mapped track/grid.
  • Cavetia
    right, perhaps it is time to get version 9. am i correct to think once i beatmap an object, for example a mono recording of guitar and voice - that afterward, i could somehow make other tracks conform to the beatmap. if the second thing i did was compare a snare track to the first track, now beatmapped. how would i utilize the now-existing beatmap to make the snare track easily conform to the reference. did that make sense? thank you bob
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Bob, Beat mapping is really designed for you to record one piece free hand and then match it to Logic's grid. After that it's much better to record additional parts to the beat mapped grid. However, with Logic 9's flex time tools you can detect the transients and then using slice (so as not to introduce time-stretching) drag each flex marker on the transient of each snare and snap it to the reference beat/bar. If all drum parts are pre recorded from the same session then you can group the tracks in the Mixer and enable "Editing Selection" for those tracks. Then all the beat mapping and flex changes made to one track are reflected in the associated grouped tracks :) Hope this helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: